Saturday, March 9, 2013

This is how I want to live. I want to live my life giving back for the amazing second chance I almost didn't take. I've learned...but to teach takes courage.

Courage is the strongest muscle in our Hearts...every time we fall and think we can't ever get back up again, but somehow reach deep, deep within to lift ourselves up, even if it's just far enough to clutch the nearest stable fixture, and cling for dear life, we strengthen our Courage muscle. Every time cry so hard we feel our Hearts tearing from top to bottom, but hold our broken hearts together by whatever means we can find til the pain stops, we strengthen our Courage muscle.

No, in real life I might not ever be able to bench-press or power lift, but I have a Heart that's brave and courageous enough to stand tall and live the life I want to live, because none of us can heal our Hearts alone. The only thing we can do ourselves is choose to trust that with help and with time, our Hearts will mend and be strong again. We know that because it was the ones who've fallen and who've felt the searing pain of a torn heart who come back to those places to let us cling to them when we can't hold on anymore, or bring the needle and thread to sew the pieces of broken Hearts back together. They show us where the Courage muscle is...and everyone needs to know how strong that muscle can be.


No comments:

Post a Comment